BW Technologies – now by Honeywell, has been a Canadian-based manufacturer of portable and fixed gas detectors since 1987. BW Technologies took the market by storm when it produced the world’s smallest multi-gas detector – the GasAlertMicro. The novel design and competitive pricing, very quickly forced all the other manufacturers to review their personal gas detector ranges and come up with solutions to compete! (good for users the world over, as the almost standard “£1000” fixed price was broken!)
In 2006, BW released the GasAlertMicroClip that forms the basis of its current range. The simple one-button operation and sleek design continues to proves very popular with users all over the world and result in the companies continued growth.
The BW GasAlert MicroClip is a slim and compact portable gas detector, encased in that well know BW yellow housing. The neat combination of, ease of use and affordability, has made this the first choice instrument for lots of you.
What do you get for your money?
- Detects Hydrogen Sulphide, Carbon Monoxide, Oxygen and combustibles (%LEL)
- IP 66/67 rating
- Loud audible, visual and vibrational alarms
- Simple one button operation, intuitive interface and continuous LCD showing realtime gas concentrations
- 10 hour battery life
- A variety of user defined options including; Auto zero on start up, Oxygen auto calibration on start up, force bump test when overdue
- Full two-year warranty including all sensors
- Works with BW Technologies by Honeywell’s MicroDock II automatic test and calibration system
In such a competitive market, the price point of the GasAlert MicroClip XT is in the lower mid range of all the instruments out there. Its tried and tested background provides confidence in its capabilities; however, BW by Honeywell use the City Technology MICROceL® and MICROpeL® sensors and therefore we recommend researching these before purchasing – just to ensure they meet your requirements.
The question must be – is this the best device in its field?
For more please see our members area.
Quality @@@@@ Ease of use @@@@@ Price @@@@@ Reliability @@@@@
However, please give us your opinions and experiences so that we can pass these on to our readers.
Manufacturer: Honeywell Analytics