Authorised Gas Tester Training Courses
Here at Arobase, we run the classic OPITO format authorised gas tester courses. The content includes all required of the syllabus and more. However, we do not hold OPITO accredited status and do not intend to. For more on the reasons why, please see our article “Authorised Gas Tester or Just an Authorised Gas?”
The OPITO style courses are as follows:
- Level 1 – For confined space entry.
- Level 2 – Testing for hot work.
- Level 3 – Providing safety watch duties.
Each course takes 12, 7 and 4 hours respectively for classroom tuition, although a combined course is shorter than the sum of its parts.
We prefer to provide the Arobase Gas Testing @gt courses which are tailored to fit your requirements. We currently have classroom and practical based authorised gas tester training for:
- Confined spaces theory (2 days)
- Hot work theory (2 days)
- Purging theory (1 day)
- Advanced authorised gas tester theory, includes confined spaces, hot work, purging, hazardous substances, gas detector and sensor selection and gas testers risk assessments. (5 days)
- Gas tester’s risk assessments theory (1 day)
- Hazardous substances theory (1 day)
- Gas detector and sensor selection theory (1 day)
- Shipping theory (3 days)
- Tunnelling theory (2 days)
- Gas tester competency assessor theory (2 days)
- Practical 1 day re-assessment for confined spaces
- Practical 1 day re-assessment for hot work
- Practical 1 day re-assessment for purging
- And combinations of all the above adjusted to your needs
Our primary aim at @gt is to inform and share gas testing information. Our training courses are a not for profit way of financing this website and those who support its production. Our desire is to change the way gas testers work for the improved safety of all involved.
If you would like more information please feel free to contact us.